The many health benefits of infrared therapy have been extensively documented, and while the practice of traditional sauna usage dates back a long time, far infrared saunas today provide the same health and beauty benefits, in a more comfortable environment. They are therapeutic, helping you relax and sweat out by simply sitting down.
To help personalize your internal and external wellness, try incorporating these tips during your next sauna session.
1. If you have an infrared sauna in your home, it is often best to go in wearing nothing but your birthday suit, just as Mother Nature intended!
2. Ensure you are properly hydrated before, during, and after. You’re going to lose a lot of fluid so you need to keep your body in proper functioning condition.
3. Towel off as frequently as possible during the session to allow your body continue to sweat more.
4. To keep your sauna looking fresh and ready each time, place a towel on the bench and on the floor to prevent your sweat from being directly absorbed by the wood.
5. Spice up your session with some accessories for a more customized and enjoyable experience. You could include an infrared warmer, which relieves discomfort in your feet by channeling the infrared heat directly on affected areas of the foot. Also you could consider including an oxygen ionizer to eliminate bacterial matter in the air.